Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Close encounters of the GAY kind

But my secret lies hidden within me
No-one shall discover my name!
Oh no, I will only reveal it on your lips
When daylight shines forth!

Pavarotti Luciano in Nessun Dorma

A typical “encounter” of the “not so straight” kind begins in orkut or in chat rooms. Usually it begins by asking “asl”. I can understand “a” and “l” but I could never figure out the need for “s” in a gay chat room. Ground breaking, isn’t it?? (What is he thinking? :p). Once “asl” is divulged, obviously next question will be any one these i) Your stats plz ii) You t/b? iii) Your likes?( I like songs, will you sing for me? :p) iv) Can i see your photo? v) Can I have your number (dial 100 for police, they'll run to you) vi) Do you have place? (Oh yeh, I am a real estate agent) vii) When can we meet? Am I being interrogated by FBI or Interpol for espionage? Is it that hard to find someone who asks you when your birthday is or what did you have for lunch or how your day was or did you see yesterdays match.

Claims by these fellas can be equally intriguing as well, I am good-looking/ cute/handsome, I am a virgin (a sequel to the movie 40 year old virgin? :o), I am down to earth (or is it downtrodden), We are so similar or I am just like you (probably we were identical twins last birth :o), then finally the bombshell, I love you. I laugh “You guys are the same”. The funniest thing is that when you meet the same guy after a week he will again ask you “asl” and cycle repeats. But rarely, you do meet a bunch of nice people who think beyond the clichéd questions and become friendly and close, for they say every cloud has a silver lining after all. But can one swallow make a summer? May be, may be not.

Epilogue

My Mask too fine and serene,
My smile ugly, words worthless
The mask is torn to pieces
Still I wear a self conscious laugh….

Nanditha






1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Nanditha!!! The kind of emotional attachment I feel to her is is.... ah I don't get the right word. Duh!!

    ReplyDelete